Finish A Long 2019, In The Pink

Tonight we are on a roll, so many blog posts my fingers are on fire. Another on my list was my 'Timely Cardigan' designed by Libby Johnson of Truly Myrtle.



 I had long admired this cardigan and so it made it on to my Finish A Long list . The process of the knitting was blogged about in that post, I had yet to post the finish.





And we have a finish.

 I was anxious to finish and wear it to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival (EYF). Actually, I was anxious to finish it much earlier and knit a Floozie for the EYF but I was a bit behind schedule! It was close to the wire. I finished it just in time with only a day or two to spare.


 No time to wash and block it. To be honest, I don't think it needs it, though those that know, tell me everything looks better after it is blocked. Even me!!



The yarn was pink and sugary. Hand dyed yarn from local indie dyers Giddy Aunt Yarns.


 I chose a solid pink and a pink speckle, I wanted a subtle look. Subtle it is, it looks more variegated than two row stripes. I finished the solid pink with only inches to spare.  Who thought playing yarn chicken could be fun? On the other hand I have a whole 150g of the speckle. I have a shawl pattern that needs a pink Japanese cherry yarn, so maybe I will use this. Or maybe not.

Anyhow, here is my cardigan. You may notice some of the photos are gently cropped. I think I was doing a good job with my humpty dumpty impressions those days. I must teach my husband to take the photos pointing downwards not upwards!

 
helen x
linking up with Finish A Long 2019

Comments

  1. Oh yes husband photo training should be fun. Lovely sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.