Finish A Long Linky Party and Those Tea Towels

It is time for the link up for the Finish A Long for all those works in process malingering in cupboards. I actually have 4 finishes to share with you. Ta Da! Wave those pom poms. Let's celebrate. In brief, my Finish A Long list can be read here.  Too many things to list here, the What's Out The Window quilt (blogged about in previous post), the Kingfisher Liberty quilt, the Liberty Hexie quilt, the Economy Square quilt. There may have also been fabric and a pattern for a pair of trousers. Also, a colour work sweater, some Christmas socks, and some Alice in Wonderland 1hr baskets. Each of these "successes" needs a separate linkup, so bear with me.

One finish I can link up is a baby quilt I made for my friend's daughter, who is simultaneously my daughter's friend. I bought some Cath Kidston tea towels to match the baby bag my daughter bought her. This quilt was previously blogged about here in my Finish A Long list.


I had just enough squares from the tea towels to make a quilt

Well nearly enough . All except one last square, on which I planned to  embroider the baby's name. The addition of grey kona made narrow borders, with a bright pink kona inset corner block, brought it up to about 36" square.

I pieced the backing with some pink check. This is oh so vintage dahling! I have had the little bit of pink check left for years. I love check almost as much as I love spotty fabric. With a grey inset and a touch of pink, it was just big enough to do, just big enough and no more.


Some green spotty binding, green because, you don't want too much sugar pink, made a quick finish.


 I really enjoyed making this and was delighted to have a finish. At the time I took a couple of photos in the garden with my metal blue tit, Kew.


 Kew is so named because I bought him in Kew Gardens. I love it when my quilts and photo props come together.


The quilt was all ready just for Holly to have her name added.  And we have another finish for the Finish A Long link up party.  You know what they say about a party, they take place in the kitchen, so the tea towels seem appropriate.

Helen x
linking up with Finish A Long here

Comments

  1. I love this sweet finish, Helen. I bet it is soft and cuddly for Miss Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You astound me with your finishes Helen, so many and all so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. The green binding was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful finish and that binding is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a really beautiful quilt Helen. I love the backing and the green binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the little birds, both in the fabric and happy Kew overseeing the photo shoot! Congrats on such a sweet finish, Helen. Looking forward to reading about all your others :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely finish...and I love your little bird! On behalf of the entire FAL crew, congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.