Quilting Planning Party 2018

My last reflective post for another few months, thank goodness I hear you cry.
This time it is Yvonne's 2018 Quilting Planning Party. Her button is in my side bar. This is different to finish a long, it is more ethereal, more what would YOU really like to do?

  I have linked back here to all the goals I laid out. I am not going to list them all, but I am pretty pleased. I have finished the main goals I laid out, collaborated on a quilting project, Sandra and the Postcard from Sweden. Made a wedding quilt, the Belfast Bulletin. Strengthened quilting friendships, or I think I have. I have even won a few things which helps to subsidise this hobby. This is just a matter of luck of the draw, no skill involved.

And what to set out for the next six months?
Not to join any bees. Easy, it is mid year now, and I have held out all year. Except to help out in any outstanding quilts for Beeabee2017. I have however accumulated 3 bee brooches and a bee stamp. Here's a photo of one of them. You actually might struggle to see the brooch on this bee happy yarn  by Lay Family yarn. I am trying hard to be real bee friendly too.



Not to jump on any more roundabouts, at least until I have finished up some things. This is harder, as soon as I hear the music, I am running after the band. May or may not follow up on this. As a young girl, you won't know this, I wanted to play the saxophone. I loved Acker Bilk and his jazz band, in particular saxophone bits. My uncle had one, I couldn't even get a peep out of it! My sister on the other hand played the tuba. She practised and the dog joined in. We never knew if it was pleasure or pain with the dog!


Make all my Christmas presents this year, and delight everybody with my whimsy, still and originality. Well .... we will see! I know I want to make wee braw bags this year for those nearest and dearest to me. But I want to do many things. What I don't want to do is ...... well, I loved my late mother in law very much. We were great friends and so kind. She made me a dress I wanted. And then knit me a cardigan I liked. The only problem was she loved her other daughter in law too, and made her exactly the same. We looked like fraternal twins but 12 years age difference! Not the look I was aiming for in my late teens early twenties. She loved it when we accidentally wore them at the same time. Me less so. I would like to make something for my daughter and two daughters in law. Wee braw bags should be ok. Last year it was 1 hour baskets.

Just one more thing. I have taken to buying clothes making patterns. I like to look at them. I even bought one last week for a dress. A dress! Me! I know ... I could make the girlies matching dresses for Christmas! That's a plan! I shall perhaps make a pair of shorts for my summer holiday.

And that is about it. No more, no less. Just carry on having the fun, and when the fun stops, stop. As they say in the tv adverts.

Helen x
linking up with Yvonne and the Quilting Planning Party 2018

Comments

  1. I'm laughing at the thought of you and the other daughter in law wearing matching outfits! I don't even like it when DH wears the same color shirt as me and I make him march back downstairs and put on a different one. He's well trained now, shouting up the stairs to ask what color I'm wearing today.

    You're very brave to make clothing; I think it's the hardest thing. It has to fit and be flattering and you can't hide the wonky seams with quilting. But as long as it's fun...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to chuckle about hearing the music and running, that may be fun you never know what might follow you home project wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...keep going as long as it's fun. When it's no longer fun, it's time to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you were able to do so much in the first 6 months that you could set new goals for the second half of the year. A handmade Christmas this year sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fair plan, though I've got a mean streak so I'd be very tempted to be making people matching outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg we had a dog who used to yodel with the piano! With 3 of 4 in the family playing she yodelled a lot! I have a cute picture of her doing it. As for running to join in, that’s me too, well you know it! You’ll get lots done and good idea to think of Christmas homemade the best presents in July.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.