and then next week the Finish A Long. It is important to be optimistic, this is fun, not goals to beat yourself up with. So, having established that,
HOW DID I DO?
Quick Recap of My 2017 Planning Goals
- Not to join any bees, to concentrate on "selfish sewing"
- Join another quilt a long, I enjoy these
- Another quilt for my own bed, using Cotton & Steel fabrics
- A collaboration with another quilter, using Cotton & Steel as above
- A quilt or two for my daughter
- Enjoy this hobby and strengthen my quilting friendships
- I joined a bee. How could I not? A personal invitation and three friends already in the bee.
- I have participated in two quilt a longs, firstly Freefall with Sandra, mmmquilts.com and then Wayward Transparency with Yvonne, quiltingjetgirl.com
- No quilt for my own bed as yet, though lots of hst made
- Susan and I collaborated, and Tish tishinwonderland.com joined in. Only Tish finished!
- Success! A grey and white houndstooth quilt for my daughter's own bed and a partially quilted circles quilt for her spare room.
- Success, I have made some new friends, and strengthened those from before.
Plans For 2018
to be honest, much the same as this year.
- I will continue in the Beeabee, this year we are helping each other to finish up wips
- I will probably join in another quilt a long, I enjoy them and there is usually the prospect of winning a prize!
- Finish or make more of a start on the Cotton & Steel quilt, though possibly not for my own bed,
- Most important for this year, make a wedding quilt for my USA based son and his wife to be
- Collaborate with a quilting friend on a project - I think this may be in hand
- Make a version of a Postcards from Sweden quilt, this may well overlap with above
- Enter lots of competitions and win lots of prizes to fund this hobby!
- As before, continue to strengthen my online friendships
- On a personal level, get fit, get healthy, keep a good balance in life but most importantly, Have FUN
2018 - Bring It On!
linking up with quiltingjetgirl.com