It is Furtle Time Again

Time for a "furtle".



you may see a few gaps here, more about this later

This week I have been furtling through my Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I have been merrily cutting out 2" squares of purple black polka dots. Sewing them onto the corners of my squares, and trimming off the corners.

To be really picky, Brandon said we would need a meter or so. I bought a meter, as did my friend, and we have both run out. I have run out remarkably quickly, I reckon I will use another full meter if not 2.

 Anyhows, I two full rows joined together. I am stitching three blocks together, then attaching another 3 blocks underneath. Then these blocks of 6 are joined up. I am pressing all my seams open, I am being very good.  This quilt has been so much an investment, I am following ALL the rules.



There will be a bit of a break now whilst I get more purple polka dots, then onwards and upwards through the furtlesphere! It is a little hard at this stage to get good photos, they all look very busy. It will look a lot less wip next time, hopefully.

Helen
PS my husband says this changes every time he sees it. He likes it as it is, and then it all changes. This is because my design wall keeps falling off the wall. And no chance of those blocks going up in the same order every time! Ideally there would be a wooden frame built on to the wall, and the design wall nailed on to that. Here we have a bit of decorators tape. DIY is not my thing.

Comments

  1. I think it will be marvellous Helen. I'm not very DIY either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen! I have put up my own design wall, and put grommets along the top - about six or eight across the span. Then I put really small nails up toward the ceiling - as high as I could reach on my little step stool - and that's my design wall. It's made of flannel - not to hard to put those grommets in at all. I kind of like the idea of the blocks changing around all the time - that sounds kind of fun, and DH never knows how it's going to end up! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a quilt top laid out and *just* how I wanted it on my parents floor and then our dog scrambled it all up and I couldn't get it right again. I know how that goes! Now I try to take photos to help with arranging back in order, if need be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! This is going to be so special, I hope you're going to keep this one for yourself to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first design wall I kinda fixed to the wall, needless to say it didn't stay. My design wall now has grommets and command hooks. works great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be so lovely and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this project! I hope you find some more purple polka dot - I wonder why the estimate of how much you'd need was so far off?! As for the ever-changing design...may I suggest some clear push pins to secure the design wall to the actual wall? That is if you don't mind small holes in the wall? I use them to pin stuff to my sewing room wall and find them very easy to push in, and more effective (and easier on the thumbs) than drawing pins... Thanks for furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is really beautiful Helen! That's disappointing that the fabric requirements were so far off...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is so happy; love Kaffe Fasset fabric. Looking forward to seeing it all together. Like Stitchin at Home, my design wall is grommeted and mounted to the wall with Command hooks. It is a Fons and Porter design wall which is available on Amazon (where else?!) here: https://www.amazon.com/Fons-Porter-60-Inch-by-72-Inch-Design-Wall/dp/B0028U2II2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=CNEXT84Q8VMN&keywords=fons+and+porter+design+wall&qid=1556122527&s=gateway&sprefix=fons+and+porter+%2Caps%2C1165&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.