Having a Furtle

Lots of people are having a furtle. Yes, I was as bemused as you are. It sounded, to me, the sort of thing your mother warned you against. Apparently, a furtle is a northern English expression of having a bit of a look. We would say in N Ireland, having a hoke. Before this all gets to complicated, here's a quick explanation. A fair number of people have stopped blogging with the advent of instagram and the lovely Helen of Archie The Wonderdog blog, missed this. Helen decided to have a once a month link up, a progress report and called it Mini Archie's Furtle Around the Blogosphere. Mini Archie is a mini representation of Helen's one time dog Archie. Mini Archie lives a great life, fighting off pirates and eating tuna and teacakes!

https://archiethewonderdog.blogspot.com/p/furtling.html
 



So here's my link up, once again, not great photos. Roll on the spring! I have finished my baby quilt for Felix. The zoo print fabric quilt, or in some of these photos, the jungle fabric quilt.


 In any case, it is Felix's Day Out quilt.


I think Felix's Day Out quilt is a better name. Remember I told you our local zoo had an escaped red panda? Well, a week later it had two escaped chimpanzees. They didn't actually make it out of the zoo itself, just their enclosure. Very enterprising. There had been a storm. They used a blown down branch to make a ladder out of their enclosure! In fact so clever, I wonder at  there being the need to keep these animals in a zoo at all. They are certainly more clever and enterprising than some of our local politicians! If you google it, you can see phone coverage of the daring escape!

Our local library had a jungle display in the children's corner. I snuck in and got a couple of photos, I have friends in high places!

 
 
 
The quilt is a small one, it measures approximately 33" by 23". Pram size I reckon. It was mostly from stash,  stash that was gifted to me, including the backing.


I bought the fabric for the borders and binding. It has been washed and tumbled and just needs the name and date added in cotton perle. And that's another hand over. I must admit it feels good not only to gift some hand made presents, but to have some finishes!

Helen x
linking up with Archie the Wonderdog

Comments

  1. Lovely interesting quilt for a child with all the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to have friends in high places never know when you need a photo shoot. Lovely little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for blogging! I am not sure what the US equivalent of a hoke is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy blogging! It lets me gives the details and explain more than a picture would do. That is a cute quilt and how wonderful that you got to do a photo shoot with it. Hope no animals escape from the quilt! I wonder if "take a peek" would be the same as "have a hoke".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, bring on spring!!! Great photo shoot. That's amusing about the escaped animals. Maybe put the politicians in the zoo LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I had a chance to take a furtle/hoke/gander at your darling little quilt! It's the perfect size for using in the car or pram. I'll have to remember to make small ones like this and instruct the new mum to tuck it into the diaper bag for baby on the go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little quilt - the prints are adorable. Love the story about the escaped animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely quilt. I saw those chimps on the news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gift quilt Helen. Small quilts are really fun to make, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finish, I'm sure it will be treasured! So funny about the naughty chimps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for finishes! :D It's a cutie for sure, bright and cheery, which little ones like best I always feel, and yes, the 'animals' are brighter than we think! Hazel (Wordpress, despite what Google says)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Felix's quilt is so Lovely. And go chimps! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Felix's quilt! I really enjoyed seeing the chimpanzees climb over the wall - I think we should put them in charge as they're a damn sight brighter than a lot of the eejits in charge at the moment...

    Thanks for linking up and spreading the word about Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.