I Wonder, I Really Do Wonder

Drat that metaphorical dog, he ate my homework again. Once again, I see it is a month since I last blogged. I did blog in my head at any rate. Nothing substantial to blog about, my computer needed recharged, my photos were dreadful. Nothing substantial has changed here , but here I go. You see I have decided blogging breeds blogging, like dusting or exercise I am told. In any case, although the number of bloggers seems to be dwindling, I need to blog. Instagram is great for the quick comment, the instant praise, the chuckle, but I need to put my thoughts down too. Order my process, talk things over with you so to speak.

 

So, what have I been up to? Well, I made some 1 hr baskets. Four to be precise. I have been talking about this for quite a while. Over a year ago, in a trip to London, I went to Village Haberdashery and bought a selection of Alice fabric by Rifle. I enjoyed this fabric for quite a while, I stroked it, looked at it, admired it. My sister intimated that my niece still enjoyed Alice and would love a quilt if it was looking for a recipient. No problem in itself, but I didn't want to lose my precious fabric. I liked it too much. Did I want an Alice quilt on my sofa? Probably not. Or to be more precise, my husband wouldn't! So .... I made 4 x 1 hr baskets and so began my downfall.

This time last year I bought some wadding locally to quilt my daughter's grey bed quilt. I was assured the wadding was hypoallergenic. I can only assume the assistant was asleep in this part of the presentation or muddles her lefts and her rights. My eyes itched the whole way through the quilting. Ssh don't tell my daughter, we knew when it was all enclosed in fabric it would be alright and it was. I thought I threw the remainder in the bin. I threw something in the bin!


Anyhow, I use wadding and stitch it to my fabric as a cheaper method of using iron on  padded stiffener stuff. I made a sandwich of old pillow case, wadding and fabric cut roughly to size. And boy did my eyes itch and water. That was on the Sunday, by Tuesday, I looked like I had gone 4 rounds with Mike Tyson. Hence the lack of photos.

Believe me, I made 4 x 1 hr baskets for my sister, my niece and my daughter.


They all loved them and all are in use.

my daughter's choice, matches her grey zig zag curtains
 
my niece's choice
 

my sister's choice, the teacups match the vase she bought both of us
 
mine
 
Apologies for the dreadful photos of the nearly finished articles.

 I have plans for project bags with the rest of the fabric, but in the New Year. The rest of the wadding, in fact all my wadding now, is in the bin. In January, I will go to the shop I usually go to and buy the Heritage wadding I generally use.

My daughter and I were in London for a weekend a couple of weeks to go. Rather restrained weekend, she has hurt her leg and can't get about much. We spent a lot of time relaxing in the hotel, using these rather expensive face masks. Wish I had had it when I was making the baskets. By the way, can you tell which of us is which? Bonus points for being complimentary.




Helen x

Comments

  1. I think you both look alike ... so no idea which one's which! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to guess your daughter was the top (first) photo, but then when I scrolled down to the second and now I think both photos of her, so how's that for complimentary! :)

    Oof, wadding that makes you itch, that's not good. I'd put it in the bin, too. Good to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree they both look alike! Itchy batting uck, good thing to throw it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a post from you! I miss your sense of humor when you're hiding from the blog world. And you are hiding, aren't you? Behind that mask? I'm sorry you had a big itchy itchfest with your wadding. Was it wool, or something more sinister. I'd advise you to stay away from the asbestos wadding in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also miss you Helen and your sense of humour and no I can't tell which is which as you are both so darn attractive with those masks on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baskets look great. You are the young-looking one. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find the trick with blogging is not to stop; getting started again is so hard! Those masks...you were beautiful enough already, which is clearly why you let your daughter have both of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.