Sorry Not Sorry

I know this is primarily a quilting blog, but it does say in my manifesto that I like to blog about me, that's quilting, knitting, reading, wine drinking. This is a quick update on my knitting. If you aren't interested, just float on by. Even have a quick scroll down, you might feel inspired to dig out those ancient plastic needles.

I have finished two recent knits, one this week and one I finally got to wear this week as the weather cooled. Taking these in chronological order.

First up my Comfort Fade Cardi. I know I have blogged about this before, but as I said, the weather has been too warm to wear it. Not that I am complaining! It has taken a downturn this week, normal N Ireland weather has resumed, rainy with a bit of rain behind that overcast cloud. Never leave home without a brolly! We were in Fermanagh, a county to the west of the province, on Monday, and I got the opportunity to wear my Comfort Fade Cardi. It's a bit like Where's Wally? in this photo at Castle Archdale. Ireland is known for its 40 shades of green after all!


 As warm as a jacket but more summery, if a wool cardigan can be summery. The yarn is 100% merino and ever so soft. The yarn was dyed locally by Giddy Aunt Yarns. Giddy Aunt Claire had dyed this yarn especially for this cardigan for herself, and very generously dyed some extra for me. That why I knew the colours would blend in together! The cardigan is a design by Andrea Mowry and is a paid for pattern on Ravelry. Knitted on a circular needle from the top down. And I love it.





We had a fun day in Fermanagh. I love the pre Christian, that's right pre Christian, burial stones that are scattered around there. Amazing they are so old and amazing they have survived so long.


 We use an old guidebook to N Ireland my husband bought when we were dating. It is always on our days out.



Next up is my Beekeeper Cardigan, a 4 day knit a long designed by Marie Greene, Olive Knits. Again a paid for pattern on Ravelry. It took me about 5 weeks, not difficult just I was
busy. I love this so much. The pattern is a four row pattern and the twisting yarn looks like little bees.


 The yarn is from Lay Family Yarn and again is 100% merino. Again, I was very lucky and Kelly dyed the double knitting yarn especially for me in her bee happy colour way. I love this so much. Yesterday my daughter and I gave it a formal outing and photo shoot in Belfast's Botanical Gardens.

 
 

We have a Victorian glasshouse and Ravine house. Always a family favourite to visit and have a poke with sauce, a colloquialism for ice cream cone.


 My friend sent me this photo of the bee hive at Rowallane, a local National Trust property. A little bit smug, but I have to get my photo taken there!


Lastly, a pair of socks for my daughter. This is again Lay Family Yarn in the Button Jar colourway and coordinating mini skein. This was a collaboration with the yarn and a matching project bag from Craft House Magic. My daughter loves her new socks, just has to wait now for the colder evenings.


If you are still with me, thanks for holding in there! And back to sewing next time!

Helen x

Comments

  1. When I meet the Giddy Aunt girls they always remark at how much you manage to get through, I agree you really are productive!! And of course all lovely!!
    BTW we have that book too ... must be late '70's early '80's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous knitting projects....survivor972002@midco.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful knitted projects! I wish I had your skill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely knitted projects, if only I knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I’m not a knitter, I love your knitting posts. And your cardigans are just lovely! Take care, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finishes for your cardis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen! You do look quite fetching in your new sweaters. I am slightly jealous that it is possible to wear sweaters - we dare not even think about them yet. The poke with sauce looks delicious, as does whatever is pictured with the socks! No to mention the Guinness pictured in with the Discover Northern Island book. We visited Dublin with our friend Rosalie - the three of us shared a pint. Those two didn't like it so I polished it off. Yum, I say! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good heavens, lady, you have been busy! I thought the green was my favorite until I saw the gold. You have nimble fingers for sure. Enjoy the cool weather while it lasts, and be cozy in your lovely duds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Goodness. Firstly, I love Merino wool. Everyone goes crazy about cashmere but it is so delicate. Wear it for one season and it is a holey mess the next. Merino is my favorite. I go looking for merino sweaters every winter. Now only if I had known that I could just commission you to knit me one, that would be just perfect. I love the green and purple ombre effect sweater so much. If you ever tire of it, or if you want to make another in a similar (or any other) colorway, I'd be honored to wear it proudly, happily and oh-so-warmly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.