Valentine's Socks

Valentine's Day is to be a busy day in our house. Postcards From Sweden is kicking off. I am going out for "a wee day out" with my friend, Liz, I will be at my Scrapbooking Class in the Evening. I will no doubt have a romantic tea with my husband, hopefully. And I will be starting a new knitting project.

A week or so ago, I bought myself a skein of Strawberry Fields Forever sock yarn from Ellie in Craft House Magic's etsy shop. Sue my IG and bee friend bought one too, and we decided to knit a pair of socks beginning Valentine's Day. Ellie thought this was a wonderful idea, and joined in too. Now Ellie is hosting a Valentine's Day Cast On in her ravelry group. Check out her ravelry page and thread. I can't link you without linking up my own online account! I am really looking forward to this. I have fallen in love with knitting again, and I really love knitting socks. To knit, albeit it virtually, with friends, well that is just lovely, very lovely.


Ellie has designed a heart themed sock which she is launching on the day itself. This will be fun. Now, will I keep these socks for myself or will I knit them for my husband? The yarn just looks like a bowl of ice cream and strawberries. Some of my favourite summer things. Roll on the summer. Ellie does a great podcast which I love to "watch". I know, podcast - listen, not watch. Check out her blog for details.

Helen x

Comments

  1. That yarn is so pretty. Can't wait to see the socks. Make them for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And rewdy, set go.... Have a lovely day my friend...I too will probably cast on later..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely look out for her podcast and look up the socks. I need to make some, did fingerless gloves, easy, now socks are on the must-tackle list. I love that yarn, want to lick it. That's because it reminds me a candy cane ice cream we used to get at Christmas when I was a kid, as it was only available then. Much better licking than wool, pffft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, the yarn reminds me of raspberry ripple, but vanilla is my favourite, or the vanilla with cherries, I so love ice cream. Sorry, it started me thinking, or rather dreaming. I think you should make socks for yourself, you have to love and care for yourself if you want to care for others, so give yourself a treat, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I favoured those socks myself yesterday...but no more cast ons until i finish some WIP's.
    Love your yarn!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.