Mikaela wanted any colour for her Bubble, any colour but only one colour. I decided to use a teal/blue hue. I seem to have lots of that at the minute, some from the wedding quilt. Luckily Mikaela said she had been hoping for that colour.... aren't these bee sewing people lovely?
Next up was Jen's paper pieced bee square. I have a little difficulty with my printer printing to 100%. Who would think there was difference between printing 100% and print to size? My lovely work friend Miss F sorted that for me. I realise now that is how my Wanta Fanta blocks weren't quite right size for Karma Willow earlier in the year.
I made the four blocks very quickly and sewed them altogether. Oops, they were sewn into a square rather than an X.
Then I noticed that some bees had a square, some had an X. Apparently Jen wants the four components left unsewn for her to play with. I have sent her two x two. This will still give her enough to play about with, without weakening the seams by unpicking. I have also learnt to make my foundation piecing slightly large circumference cutting line. This gives room for error in the cutting. I have left this for Jen to trim herself, it will have better easement if someone else's block is rather shy of the measurements.
And lastly, Donna, aka patchwork gardener on instagram are swapping some Liberty fabric hexies. Donna was very prompt, me less so. First the wedding then a family illness. No, not the whole family ill but an illness within the family. Hopefully now on the mend. Donna has waited very patiently for her hexies, but the advantage of this crossover is that we haven't duplicated any. Donna also very kindly included some extra fabrics and a gorgeous key ring that really lifted my spirits.
I hope to return the complement. These will be in the post ASAP, along with a little Liberty mini.
linking up with Moli Sparkles Sunday Stash