The Geese Are Flying North for the Summer

I'm a little late, this month. Procrastination is my middle name, in fact it may be my first name. I must admit I struggle with flying geese, so I did the proverbial put the bill behind the clock on the mantelpiece. Every Sunday morning I planned to start my Stash Bee Hive 6 block, for Carolyn and every Sunday morning I got waylaid. Mostly with my son's wedding quilt. You know, the I'll just do another block thing.


Finally I started the block. I enjoyed making the individual geese and thought I had overcome my bete noire, overcome my fears, faced my demons. All was well until I started to piece the geese this afternoon. I had a bit of a problem with sizing. My big geese were too small and my small geese were too big, and as for the little tiny geese, well don't even go there.

I adjusted the seam lines and got them all together. It has ended up a little on the big size, these geese have had too much corn I think before flying north for the summer. And as for the points, well there is an old Chinese proverb that says, you can please some of the points some of the time, but you can't please all of the points all of the time. I'm going to have another go at this, but in the meantime I will send this as a measure of my good faith.

You know the way sometimes you think you have done something only to find you haven't? Like locked the door? Turned off the oven? Well, I thought I had signed up with Julie of Pink Doxies last month for her #brave quilter link up. Turns out I hadn't. But what I had intended to sign up was to conquer my fear of flying geese and by coincidence it was Carolyn's block. Ah well, I'm linking up anyway.

Helen x
linking up with Julie the pink doxie #brave quilter

Comments

  1. That would be a good challenge for me too Helen: I hate flying geese and I have to do a lot of fudging when I put them together....like for example in Cheryl's quilt alongs...this years more geese. Maybe one day I'll get better at them, or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to make mine a bit bigger and trim them done to size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, I would say this as, "I HAVE to make mine a bit bigger..." Flying geese are tough for me!

      Delete
  3. Helen, it's still fabulous, and I'm glad to see it didn't 'cook your goose.' Even with a flying geese ruler, I have issues with them. You still deserve a congratulations for getting this finished. Now, don't be chicken, and get yourself signed up for the June challenge with just a tiny goal while trying to plan weddings and enjoy your summer. Remember, it doesn't have to be a big goal or even a finish.

    Thank you for linking up, and showing what a #BraveQuilter you really are.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flying geese are quite contrary little birds indeed. Just curious...how big are the smallest birds?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this block last year for Stash Bee and it took ages - put me off FG for a small while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping over from #BraveQuilter. Well done on conquering your fear of flying geese that could well be my challenge one month. I loved seeing these blocks on Stash Bee. It's funny because this month I've got to make a block that I had real trouble with in April so instead of procrastinating, like I usually do, I have started and aim to finish tonight - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.