Saturday, 4 June 2016

And Your Point is? Yes, I Have a Point, Lots of Points

I struggled with Carolyn's flying geese, I did. To the point that this morning I put them in the post with some extra treats and a promise to do it again, properly, in a few weeks. Well, it kept me awake last night. So, today I took the bull by the horns, or the geese by the beak and did it again. Slower and in a locked room with no distractions. And it worked. So here we have my May block for Carolyn. Take 2.


It measures 16.5" all round instead of 17.5" and a bit.
I have all of the points all of the time instead of some of the points some of the time.

I am happy.
I can sleep easy.
My work here is done.
Until next months, I mean this month.

And I can honestly say I am a definitely a #bravequilter, a la Julie and her Pink Doxies. In fact, I will try to be a #bravequilter in June too and join Julie's campaign. This time I will master a mitred corner with a Y seam.

Helen

Linking up with Julie and The Pink Doxies
Linking up with Stash Bee, Hive 6, May Block

10 comments:

  1. Yay congratulations! That looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Helen Jean. Roll on the Y seams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! You did it! Now let that block fly away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations it is beutiful!!! Look forward to your Y-seam piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes spend more time ripping than sewing a block, so I totally get this. So glad you're joining Brave Quilter. Y-seams. You really are brave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, , You did well! I'm proud of you sticking to your guns with these geese. I'm also looking forward to seeing your mitred borders the first part of July. I know you'll ace them, but even if they're not perfect like these geese, the point is to try it.

    Thanks for linking up with #BraveQuilter.

    Julie @ Pink Doxies

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be really pleased with this block - sometimes all it takes is a closed door and enough time to think and you wonder why it was so hard the first time! Good luck for your June challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.