Stalked the tail end of 2013 and Leeanne
Participated in 2014 with Katy
Missed the sign up deadlines with Adrienne
What hope for 2016?
So keeping it brief. No point in boring you yet again with my unfinished quilts which come back to haunt me with great regularity.
- Coin quilt for my father. Made its first appearance in Le Challenge - Wilderness, last autumn. Fairly recent then. Only the very simple line quilting to finish. Then bind. Easy Peasy.
- Mrs Hot Hot Hot. First made an appearance in the guise of Modern Quilters Ireland Bee Blocks 2014. All sewn together and partially quilted. Finish for summer garden seats this year? Hope so. Will we have a summer? Hope so.
- Mr Cool. The partner of the above, both metaphorically and metaphysically speaking. Pieced together but two blocks jar the coolness. Fix then baste, quilt and bind. Finish for summer garden seats this year? Hope so. - Can't have one without the other.
- Modern Maples Quilt. Making regular appearances in my life since 1998. Yes 1998. Or thereabouts, fabric bought on holiday to USA. Made then remade to update it. Made an appearance in Le Challenge last year as a finished top. But was a ringer. Still too small. And, no matter any damn rows I added was still too small. Finally pieced. Needs finished.
And that's it folks. A short list, perfectly doable. And each needed in its own way. The quilt on our bed is falling apart. It was made the year Ireland went to the World Cup held in USA. I think that was 1992 or so. Time it was retired. My dad would like the quilt for when he sits in his summer house. I've never made him a quilt. And, on a selfish note, we need the garden quilts. My bottom gets stiff sitting on a wooden seat! We have posh covers but I don't like the feel on my tootsies. Delicate flower that I am.
All the best Helen x
- linking up with Helen who blogs at Archiethewonderdog