By beginning this blog post, I am contradicting one of my main Quilting Goals for 2016 before I have even started. I mean to be focused and organised. So, really I should be summarising my 2015 year first, and I should be blogging some unblogged makes of 2015. But, I want to strike while the iron is hot. Yvonne of Quilting Jet Girl is holding a quilty link up party for aims and goals, and I don't want to miss out.
- to be more organised and focused in my sewing. To plan what I need to do and not get sidestepped by IG swaps, or something that looks more tempting than the job in hand.
- in a follow on from above, to do my bee blocks early in the month. The month can creep by very quickly, it doesn't creep at all, it whizzes past like a fast whizzy thing. To that point I have reluctantly decided not to rejoin the Modern Quilt Ireland bee. I have rejoined Stash Bee and a Bubbles Bee that seemed exciting. I will miss the MQI bee, but will there in spirit.
- to finish up more of my wip. My husband is still waiting patiently for his 20 year old quilt. I WILL finish it soon. I have too, my 25 year old quilt, still on the bed is really falling apart. It is nearly an embarrassment. Like going to A&E wearing grotty undies!
- finish up all the other assorted wip and my bee quilts. Folks were kind enough to make me the blocks, I should finish off and show them off.
- to make my son and his fiancée a wedding quilt. To be finished before they are married, not several years after.
- to be fit and healthy and slim and have a tidy house
- oh, 1 last one, to put into practice and build on the expertise I learnt through the New Bloggers Quilt Hop and strengthen the friendships I made.