how wonky is wonky?

For quite a few months I have been following Judith's blog http://judith-justjude.blogspot.co.uk/ and feeling inspired.

 That in turn led me to Bee Blessed which does great things and in turn to a group called Siblings Together. Siblings Together is a charity which brings brothers and sisters in care together for activities and some generous hearted quilters make and donate quilts for the children to keep for themselves.
Bee Blessed is a local based group, run by the above Jude and Sarah http://sewmeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ that makes quilts for mostly local people in need. And sometimes they make and donate quilts to Siblings Together.

This felt to be something I should do, partly because the Siblings Together struck a chord with me and partly to be honest, because the wonky cross square looked so simple, I thought I could tackle it without too much difficulty, and Sarah's tute covered all the angles.

But how wonky is wonky? I was only using my small cutting board and cut the large square in two and added a contrasting strip up the middle. So far so good, I hear you say. Then came the brainwave - instead of getting the big boys out and using the big board, I folded it in two to cut at an angle across the middle.

No! I hear you cry, or rather I wish I had heard you cry! When unfolded I discovered I had cut my square into a beautiful flying geese template!! I am just grateful I had just cut one and not set up a production line!

Anyhow I eventually did 6 squares without any further excitement. Well, that's not true. The Artistic Director was feeling unwell and was gently snoring across the whole bed. The son was multi-tasking, watching the Sopranos and doing important things on his laptop. I thought, I too can multi-task and surf the net and next thing I had signed up to Bee Blessed Flickr Account (can't try to post a link as Flickr is undergoing maintenance, can do that later).

So, never too old to learn new tricks!

wonky crosses for Bee Blessed

all the best

Helen
x



Comments