FAL 2017 Qtr 4 Roundup (part 1)

As I said in my last post, apologies for showing all the old stuff again. And I will start this post with exactly the same sentence.
Apologies for showing all the  old stuff again, but this is the round up post for the last quarter of the FAL (finish a long) 2017, and I have a few finishes. For FAL administration purposes each finish has to be a separate blog post, so hold on to your seats and brace yourselves for a rather small deluge.

Click here to see my blog post on my proposed finishes for the quarter.

My first finish was a good one.
The Houndstooth Quilt (finished blog in link) designed by justjude-designs.com  but remained by me You Ain't Nothin But A Hounddog Quilt. And rather appropriately named by my daughter, the recipient, as The Purple One.  To me and those of my generation, the purple one, is the big caramel hazelnut chocolate in the Quality Street box at Christmas, but there you go.

Here we have the Houndstooth Quilt, aka You Ain't Nothing But A Hounddog, aka The Big Purple One:

 
 
 
 
Made in Kona Cotton. in not 40 shades of grey but numerous shades of grey, some purple and some white. Backed with deers from Art Gallery, which meant the quilt was reversed on the bed for the Festive Season. Quilted with traditional route of straight lines and bound in spotty stuff.
 
 
 
If Carlsberg made quilts, all my quilts would be like this,  to adapt the beer advert!
 
Helen x


Comments

  1. There's no need to apologize showing off beautiful quilt finishes. Especially in equally beautiful photography locations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great quilt, Helen! On behalf of the 2017 FAL hosts, thank you for participating in this quarter's Finish Along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.