I had had a thought of this quilt in my head for quite a while. Plain white kona, little Liberty triangles in the corner. Purl Soho has an organised version of this on the website. Their Liberty triangles are ombred down the quilt, colour grouped. Of course mine are nothing like that.
My sensible head came on and I realised it would be full hardy to try to make even a quick wee quilt. After all, I am still under pressure to finish my circles quilt, and don't even mention the knitting. Then I, on the spur of the moment, went for it. Just like that pesky squirrel.
Next thing I knew I was cutting 5" squares of kona white and 3" squares of flowery Liberty fabric. Basically the wee square goes on top of the big square and I stitch from corner to corner of the wee square. The excess is cut off, and all the squares neatened off.
There was no thought at all in the layout, the squares were picked up at random. The only thing was I tried, hopefully, not to have two squares together. Each print is used twice, I think.
And there we have it. A quilt top, 36" for a visiting baby boy.
The backing? Well, how could I back it with anything other than Liberty. I had a metre of a particularly nice tiny floral. I had a momentary thought of "its only the back", but this is my special Liberty baby quilt. Do it right!
Rather foolishly, I couldn't believe it! I had "borrowed" off this meter, and had borrowed from opposing corners. The so frustrating part, is ..... one of the corners was borrowed to cut squares for the front ....... duh. If you look you can see the missing parts in both corners.
Easily mended, I am getting good at the frankensteining. Here we are, ready to baste .... and quilt ... a week or two to go .......
And don't worry, the circles are still circling. I am quite frankly sick of the sight of them!
linking with Sandra and her squirrels.