Spot The Difference

Can you spot the difference?
exhibit A

exhibit B


Yes! I have sewn down all the binding. It sewed down remarkably over a couple of evenings watching the tv. I actually quite enjoy the hand sewing, and the sense of fulfilment gained when those last few stitches are put in. 

the first stitch!
 
the last stitch of the binding!
All I have to do now, is to get some decent photos. When my quilt holder came for her tea today, it was very overcast. The heavy rain clouds didn't break but then it got dark quite quickly. The nights are fair drawing in as they say.

If I say we are going to buy a new Dyson this week, and I might get photos then, that probably sounds nonsensical. I want to take some photos by the sea, after all this quilt reminds me of sea glass. By chance the electrical shop is near some dramatic coastline. So, here's hoping. Good weather, and plenty of time, and I should have some photos soon.

Trust me, this has made a big dent in my stash. No stash in this week. Would you believe I want some more of the aqua spot? We went to buy some the other day but got held up. Did you notice the pronoun there? Yes, "we". Perhaps fabric shopping may become a maritial activity.

Helen x
linking up with Molli Sparkles Stash On Sunday

Comments

  1. I think fabric shopping should be a marital activity! :)
    Love the quilt, the aqua spot is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a beautiful difference it is! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan the Quilter? New hobby for him! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! My hubby goes fabric shopping with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on tackling the behemoth! I hope you get a new vacuum and pictures by the sea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous finish and I love the aqua dot binding. My Dyson is the best vacuum I have ever had- never thought I would love a vacuum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finish and I love the aqua dot binding. My Dyson is the best vacuum I have ever had- never thought I would love a vacuum!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love-the-quilt and positively adore the dotted binding, but OMG I love the backing! Are those wiener dogs, Helen? How have I missed this? Super score for you getting your binding finished. If I had to do it all by hand, this house would have no quilts so kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the weather cooperates so you can get some good photos soon! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL did you purposely do the pun on marital and maritial and get maritial??! It would be just like you! I can totally see why you need more of that spot fabric. Yay for satisfying finishes! Boo for overcast weather, happened to me here too for my post on the Autumn Abundance hop. Ah well. A finish is a finish. Congrats on this behemoth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.