52 books in 52 weeks challenge, week 1 The Silent Tide by Rachel Hore

I think 2015 may be the year of the short and snappy blog post for me. Here it is Sunday night and  I have to blog both my book read this week and the sewing and knitting projects, currently uncompleted, which should hopefully be completed by the end of March.

So, blog post 1, my first book of the year was The Silent Tide by Rachel Hore, an author I have read before. Rachel's books are distinctive to her in that they all have similar covers, and The Silent Tide follows along that theme - a girly book, but not chick lit. I like to think, a book for the discerning reader. The novel follows along two time periods, Emily is a literary editor and is working on the biography of Hugh Morton, an English novelist. The strands of Emily's story cross with those of Isabel Barber who was also working in a publishing house in 1948. The descriptions of post war London sound very true to life, from stories I have heard from my parents of London in the 1950s. And, that's all I am going to say, I don't want to spoil the book for anyone else.

I did enjoy it, I always enjoy Rachel's books and luckily for me my first read of 2015 also coincides with by book for my first book group of 2015! Interestingly the quote on the front cover is from Santa Montefiore and this would definitely appeal to Santa's readers.

Helen

Linking up 52 books in 52 weeks, here





Comments