A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That

Last week is what we call a week of "footering". Doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that but not achieving an awful lot in the end. That pretty much sums up last week sewing wise. The son and his girlfriend were coming home for a visit, so the sewing area was tidied up, things were mostly shuffled around.

I did finish my 2 bee squares for May for Erin at http://billybuttondesign.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/getting-my-bee-hive-to-work.html
and they are just sitting waiting to be posted today. I held onto them so I could show them to Claire. Erin had picked the Road to Tennessee block with a kona white background, with a little grey thrown in. I must admit I really enjoyed sewing these, even though I had to take off one of the corners and redo. It had slanted off somehow and made the overall square a little small. Sorted now. My machine is very basic so for a scant seam, most sewists move their needle on point. I have to move my fabric and it makes it difficult to be consistent.  This bee is the Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland Scrap Bee
http://modernquiltguildireland.blogspot.co.uk/


the 2 May squares for Erin


the square with grey addition
 


the other square


well, this has been a short post - I'm off to have a little of these
 



and watch a little of this,
hope the weather picks up!



all the best,
Helen x
 

Comments