all squared up for Bee Blessed

I enjoyed making the wonky crosses for the Bee Blessed Siblings Together quilt, and so have made more for this month. It seemed very easy, just squares. Two minutes I thought. That is until I tried to find suitable fabrics.  Like most sewers I have loads of fabric, I am horrified to see how much I accumulated in my previous sewing/fabric collecting days, wasn't that what the family allowance was for? I am trying not to buy and to use it all up. What's that? When it is all used up will I stop sewing? No, don't be daft, then I will buy more, some modern stuff.  The only fabric I have recently bought is Kona solids, they didn't really have that back in the day.

Anyhow, it took me about two weeks to find my Kona snow, bought last spring. Next I went to look for the scraps for these squares, 4 or 6 contrasting bits for each square. More difficult, I had 3 or maybe 4 but not 6. Maybe I am over thinking it, maybe some of the squares will have a repeat. You know the thing, right colour, wrong volume, right everything else but clashing pattern.





Well, here they are, my Bee Blessed squares. Next I have to try and work out how to link these blog photos to my flickr page. In the meantime, click on this link
http://www.flickr.com/groups/beeblessed/members/
 or type Bee Blessed into Flickr.

The photos are from funny angles, I had a problem with my camera and a friend took photos with her i phone for me. And very grateful to her I am - probably a new experience for her, taking photos of sewing.

Helen
x

Comments

  1. hi Helen, love your bee blessed quilt - your friend takes good photos, ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great! You're right overthinking never helps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.