Finish Along "I will finish these" 2019, 3rd qtr

Oh my, two weeks since I last blogged. And what have we been up to? A weeks visit from our English grandson, a whirlwind in our presence. Just coming two, he is full of that never ending energy, climbing, swinging from door handles, crawling under over and through. I had forgotten just how full on a two year old is. And then we had more excitement, we have a granddaughter now in USA. That's the thing about love, you think the grandson has all your love, and he has, and then all of a sudden the love expands to take in another little bundle. Mother and baby, and dad, doing well, and now I can embroider the details on my quilt label.

And this brings us round to the Finish A Long, 3rd qtr for 2019. I missed the sign up for last quarter, a shame as I had quite a few finishes! I am sure I will be able to rustle up a few this time too. Here goes:

1  Kaffe Fossett quilt.  Privately and secretly and under my breath known at times as the Kaffe F****it quilt. I do love it really. It is basted, and all ready to start quilting.

2 Ambleside quilt. This may just look like a charm pack. It is a charm pack, with some added fabrics. It is however planned to be a quilty present for a good friend. I was sure I had two charm packs, but I can only find one. We will manage, we always do.


3 Fire burst quilt. The binding just needs to go on my Fireburst quilt, from a quilt a long with Tish.
     

4 Kingfisher quilt. I love this, Liberty fabric EPP on kona brights. I would love to finish this and get to use it.
5 Liberty EPP. My longstanding project. I can't finish this! When I finish this, my work here is done. I do love it and enjoy just looking at it. It has its own straw basket.
  
6 Mr C's Guernsey. This brings us into the knitting. I thought this was the jumper I knit my husband 30 odd years ago. He was right, it isn't the same jumper! It is a second jumper I intended to knit him. Ho hum. I am nearly but not quite up to the armhole division on the body, and I have a half of a sleeve done.  The autumn, September would be better is my deadline for a finish on this.
7 Amos Sweater. For me. Only one short sleeve to finish and the sewing up and neckline. I have run out of one of the two yarns used, so some creative work needed on the sleeves. Nearly finished.

8 Breton Sweater. For me. I will run out of yarn for this too. The yarn was bought 3 years ago for a poncho. I have 3 ponchos. How many ponchos can one woman wear. Four is too many! So, I am knitting a sweater, but have 8 skeins and not 10. Watch this space.

9 Floozy Cardigan. For me. As yet theoretically not begun, but half way done in my head. 


10 Yet another project bag. Some nice pink linen bought in a charity shop, large napkin sized, currently sewn along one side to a white linen napkin. Unlike ponchos, I can never have enough project bags.



11 Christmas cottage and gnomes. Don't laugh. Please. You can't say anymore than my husband has.

Well, I could add more, but I think this is enough to be going on with.

Helen x
linking up with Sarah Sew of Course and Finish A Long

Comments

  1. Oh, looking forward to seeing your finishes. Love how the Kaffe flimsy turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I hope you get to meet your new granddaughter soon. All great projects, but I really like the Kingfisher one. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckling here about the gnomes! I cannot get over how much knitting you get done! I actually took my lace shawl (needs the same Kaffe type name - as you say, watch this space) took it with me over the river to (not grandma's) but Dayna's house, and took it out of the bag at one point, at that was that. Best of luck, yay for a new granddaughter, and more finishes galore let's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gnomes (yes, I'm giggling too)! Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter, too. The background on your Fireburst is gorgeous! Love seeing all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen! Thank you for the chuckles, especially over the gnomes. Umm, it sounds to me like one or two of these goals should be rethought or maybe even discarded. Four ponchos are too many for one woman - I agree with you on that point - and if you are short on yarn why not make a nice scarf? Or hat or mittens? I don't mean to discourage you but rather want to have you spend your time on things you love! And by all means, DO NOT FINISH Liberty EPP. We are not ready to say goodbye yet - especially since you just discovered the secret to endless love for your grandchildren. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic list, you can totally finish up some of these and I have a feeling you already have! Thanks for linking up on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.