baby baby



I seem to have reached the stage in life where friends are eagerly awaiting their first grandchild, I am ever so pleased for them but in no great rush myself. Too many things I want to do and too many places I want to visit. I am however delighted to make baby quilts in anticipation of these great events. Usually I wait until a day or two before I am going to deliver my baby gift then sew in a blind panic. This time, with 3 babies in the offing, I thought I would make a couple of quilts on spec, surely one quilt at least will be appropriate in the blue/pink variety.

A friend brought me from San Diego, many years ago, some fat quarter bundles, from Walmart I think. I have always loved this bundle of pale blues and having been saving it for the right occasion. A little blue baby quilt with lots of plus signs would be great. But then again, I love this bundle so much, I may want to keep it.

the blue bundle
 
aren't they really nice?



Another good friend has always loved the Peter Rabbit stories by Beatrix Potter. Her hubby and first born are both called Peter, and said first born is now having his first baby. I was given this Peter Rabbit book panel some years ago by a friend of a friend who was clearing out. It would make a lovely floor quilt, cut up and alternated with crazy patches or a simple ladder strip.

the Peter Rabbit book panel


The third baby is due around Christmas. Should I make a girl quilt or boy quilt? The mum to be is not particularly girly and very sporty, so I think a bright coloured, all colour quilt here. Her own mum quilts, so I may do a story quilt, lots of scrappy fussy cut squares for this, and make it floor sized.

Then again, it is a lot easier to trek down to Next or wherever to buy a few baby gifts!


yours in anticipation
Helen
the midget gem
x


Comments

  1. lovely blue fabric, I look forward to seeing those made up into a quilt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.